Royal IHC Merwede Gold
It was quite clear that IHC Merwede continues to invest in the health, safety and well-being of the employees and that the health, safety and well-being of the employees remain a priority of the companies. It led to the recognition of the royal IHC Merwede on IHMQ Gold Certificate This was done in a number of ways including:
- Security and risk reduction are given a higher priority. One of the ways in which this happens is to use a new video on health and safety in the IHC Merwede, which is seen by all visitors to the company. The video is also used in the induction process, where it is supplemented by the instruction of the manager of the inductees. Subcontractors will receive badges for a certain period of time after they have successfully completed the quiz as part of the video instruction.
- Each manager now carries out a monthly security check of his department. This is an open, transparent and constructive opportunity to correct all areas of weakness and address any unacceptable practices or behaviors.
- The awareness of the advantageous relationship between a healthy and safe workplace, quality and customer satisfaction is growing very clearly throughout the company.
- Toolbox conversations are affected by risk assessment and risk analysis, so that employees are informed as quickly as possible.
A major development was the recent formation of the IHC Vitality team. This team offers significant potential in terms of promoting the health and well-being of employees throughout the company. It is very positive to note that the team has:
- Clear short-, medium-and long-term goals.
- A plan to achieve these goals, and this includes a brief survey of employees who will help identify priorities.
- A process that is based on the principles of employee engagement and communication and includes the assessment – this is very good practice.
- The desire for an increased awareness of the employees, how important it is to be healthy and to stay healthy in the future, "be a healthy future".
- Recognized the link between corporate image and a healthy workforce. namely that the protection and promotion of the well-being of the employees has a positive effect on the image of the company and that the retention and recruitment of employees is improved.